See below our top recommended places to visit if you would like get out of Hanoi for a couple of days. Click on the picture for more information on each place or to book a tour.
- Ha Long Bay- Tipped as one of the seven natural wonders of the world, Ha Long bay is an essential visit for anyone coming to Vietnam. Backpackers flock from across Asia for our legendary 3 Day Castaways tour on our private island in the heart of this UNESCO heritage site.
- Sapa- Set in the North West of Vietnam, bordering China. Minority tribes can be seen working their land on the sloping terraces of the stunning Sapa landscape. Take on a trekking tour and stop over in a home stay to make the most of your time there. Look out for the Fan Si Pan (the last major peak in the Himalyayan chain) which is visible on a clear day.
- Ninh Binh- Whilst in the mountainous region of Ninh Binh, take in Hoa Lu and Tam Coc. Keep an eye out for mountain goats in the former capital of Vietnam, Hoa Lu. Explore the historic temples, recently famed by a visit from former US president Bill Clinton and head over to Tam Coc for a traditional river boat ride.
- Mai Chau- To get away the hustle and bustle of Hanoi, Mai Chau will provide you with a welcome escape. Located off the beaten track with breathtaking scenery, travellers can take in Son Da Waterfall and lake as well as meeting local minority tribes.
- Perfume Pagoda – Chua Huong is located in Perfume mountain 65 km southwest of Hanoi. Follow the ancient pilgrim trail and climb the historic steps that lead you towards this extremely spiritual part of Vietnam.